Winter wellness for skin and hair
Skin and hair care in winter
Winter months can be tough on our bodies so it’s important to look after yourself to ensure your skin and hair are in tip top condition. There are easy tips you can follow at home such as washing your skin in lukewarm water and always ensuring that you moisturise immediately after a shower. It is vital that you keep yourself well hydrated during winter time. You will feel less inclined to drink water when it’s cold outside but keeping yourself hydrated will help to avoid your skin drying out. There are some products that you can buy that are well worth investing in to give your skin that extra helping hand. Call into your pharmacy for some winter wellness advice.
- Udos oil– Contains Omega 3,6 & 9. These Omega oils help soften skin from the inside. It is not always possible to get sufficient omega oils through your diet so taking a supplement can be useful.
- La Roche-Posay Lipikar Baume AP+– It is important to have a really good moisturiser for after the shower. This Moisturiser contains an anti-itch ingredient Niacin amide (anti-histamine). It also has shea butter to nourish, and canola oil which acts as an anti-inflammatory. It will add oil to your skin to moisturise and it will act as a barrier, helping to protect your skin from the cold.
- Neutrogena Hand Cream– This glycerin-rich hand cream is a fantastic solution to winter chapped hands. Our hands often suffer the most during the winter months as they are often exposed to the elements.
- Blistex lip balm– This will ensure that your lips do not dry out and will avoid lips chapping and getting infected.
- Garnier Moisture Bomb mask– Every so often we need to give our skin a little extra boost. These handy sheet masks are the perfect way to introduce extra moisture into the skin. They are a great boost before a night out or after a day out in the cold air.
- Aqualia Night Spa Vichy moisturiser- Is enriched with Vichy thermal water, Hyaluronic acid and Aquabioryl. It is rich in minerals leaving skin feeling moisturised and renewed over night. Ideally moisturisers should be applied directly after cleansing your face.
- Garnier Ultimate Blends Sleek Restorer shampoo- This shampoo is enriched with coconut oil and cocoa butter. Hair is more likely to get damaged during winter months due to dryness. This can result in split ends and breakage. It is vital to choose a shampoo and conditioner that put moisture back into the hair at this time of year.